PERSONAL INFORMATION DEFINED
For the purposes of this Policy, the term “Personal Information” means any information that is defined to be ‘Personal Information’ under applicable privacy laws. This typically includes information about an identified individual, or information of an individual whose identity may be inferred or determined from the information, such as name, address, birth date, gender, marital status, financial information etc. Keep in mind that if you identify yourself as an employee of an organization, your business contact information would not be considered personal information.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In general, we may collect personal information from visitors to our websites if they
(1) sign up to receive newsletters;
(2) contact us (including our Webmaster, customer service representatives, or other employees);
(3) complete a registration form, survey, or poll;
(4) participate in a sweepstakes or contest;
(5) make product or service inquiries; or
(6) purchase products. In certain parts of our websites where we require that you provide us with personal information such as credit card information, we will protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using industry standard encryption technology. We do, however, discourage you from sending any sensitive personal information (that is, credit card information) via regular email and limit such disclosure to the secure area within the websites where it may be specifically requested. We may combine visitors’ personal information with information that we collect from other online and offline sources. This information may include, for example: (1) information we receive from visitors when they call us, redeem coupons or complete our surveys or other forms; (2) information visitors submit to us at our retail locations or special events; and (3) updated contact and other information about our visitors that we may receive from third parties.
OPTION TO “OPT-OUT”
In certain circumstances, it is completely optional for you to provide your personal information, and, in other circumstances, such as in order to complete your purchase, such information must be provided. If you choose not to provide your personal information, Nucap will advise you if a service cannot be performed without such information.
NON PERSONAL INFORMATION
SHARING OF INFORMATION
The information that you provide to us will only be used by Nucap and its affiliated companies and business partners. It will assist us in providing products and services to you that will benefit you as a valued customer. Exceptions may include disclosing information to third parties assisting us in servicing and processing your credit account, to verify creditworthiness or to assist you in answering an inquiry. We may also disclose information to third party companies that perform marketing services on our behalf. In any event, we are responsible for the protection of your personal information in our possession. Any information we may transfer to a third party as noted above remains our responsibility and, as such, we contractually require any third party organization to protect the personal information disclosed to them in a manner consistent with our own internal privacy practices, or as required by law. Under limited circumstances, we may also be required to disclose personal information to comply with the law.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
At your request, we will let you know what personal information we have in our possession about you, what it is being used for, and to whom it has been disclosed. We will also provide you with access to your personal information that is in our possession, however, some exceptions may apply. We will respond to your inquiry within thirty (30) days. There may be reasonable costs associated with your request. Please direct your request to the Privacy Officer as noted below.
CORRECTING OR UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Nucap will keep the personal information in its possession accurate, complete, current and relevant, based on the most recent information available to us. If you have provided information about yourself, in order to receive emails or product mailings, and would like to modify your information, please contact one of our Customer Service Representatives by calling 416-494-1444 or by mail to Customer Service, Nucap Industries Inc., 3370 Pharmacy Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M1W 3K4.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Nucap will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws. Nucap destroys in a secured manner personal information it does not need to keep in a secure manner.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information you provide to us.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Even though our websites may include links to other websites, outside of Nucap, we are not responsible for the content, links or privacy practices of those sites. By visiting our websites you are agreeing to our Policy as outlined above. Nucap reserves the right to change this Policy from time to time and will provide notice of any significant changes on its websites. Any questions or concerns that you may have about this Policy may be directed to Nucap using the following contact information:
Nucap Industries Inc. Address: 3370 Pharmacy Avenue Toronto, Ontario Canada M1W 3K4
Attention: Chief Privacy Officer Phone: 1 416 494 1444 Fax: 1 416 494 4565 Effective Date: May 24, 2013